Tuesday, January 15, 2013

two / fifty two (8-14 January 2013)



Wow this blog puts the length of a week in perspective .....after a horrible start the week ended wonderfully and was jam-packed with ups and downs...all in just seven days!

After following my nose through a difficult 'childcare' system in the 'City of Geelong', we have still missed out on a position for the entirety of 2013...my mind boggles?  It seems I needed to have Piet's name on a wait list even before he was conceived?!?!?  My poor brain can't make any sense of this....

So I called the Council and a lovely lady, for some strange reason, understood my predicament....the wavering in my voice????....fingers crossed somethings comes up.....

Two thoughts:
1) This City of Geelong is growing so quickly that the childcare system will just keep getting worse for ages before it gets better
2) I've been lucky enough to never had any issues with 'waitlists' for anything, so since I'm new to motherhood I'm a little worried that I've just dipped my toe in an ocean of public wait lists to come?? If so, I'd better get a pedicure just in case it helps

Anyway, we made it to the week end which also included much anticipated guests cancelling the day before, splitting my head open on a bathroom cabinet, spending a great day at my friends house,  (I always have a laugh and she makes a great coffee), Piet had his first swim in the pool, coffee with another friend & her gorgeous newborn, a trip to Ikea, a visit to the Botanical Gardens, cooking beautiful mussels for just $5 (!) and my niece visiting for 5 days.

Wow what a week!

Here's some pics:







gorgeous friend Tas




wondering if i had enough wool to knit Piet a jumper...ahhh, yes I believe I do






first swim in the pool, helped along by Lana & Mia






bed-hair







Piet's beautiful cousin, Alex







Ikea purchases....bird placemats & high chair






helping Tony sort his sails



Dizzy being cheeky



__________________________________


Things I just love about Piet right now:
* his deep blue eyes
* his current obsession with sucking on my cheek when I hug him closely
* his HUGE hands & feet 
* the fluffy head that keeps us guessing if he will be a blond, dark or ginger-headed kid
* his smile in the morning as I walk into his room
* his ear-piercing squeal, usually when waiting at a check-out
* the way he stares deep into my eyes as he drifts off to sleep

Tony & I are very lucky
_______________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment