Sunday, February 2, 2014

An early start to Sunday


This morning I left home before 7am to drive 110km just to have breakfast with my friend Joc, from Sydney. The fog was strange, especially knowing today will hit near-40 degrees.

I stopped at the first drive-thru coffee shop on the highway - first in and pulled up smack-bang right next to the service window - no waiting for me at this early hour - so I sat at their window for about 2 minutes mumbling under my breath why they were taking so long. Then I noticed there was no one at home and then I noticed the sheer curtain across the window and then I finally realised they weren't actually open at this smug hour - that's how early I was!

Sneaking back into the traffic, hoping passing motorists weren't aware I was coming out of the coffee shop, past the huge 'Closed' sign.....I set the cruise control and headed to Melbourne.

Breakfast was great! My friend was well.  We laughed and exchanged catch-up stories.  And now I'm home studying and miss her already.
Paddock at home

No comments:

Post a Comment