Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Birthday wishes


We are now experiencing the coldest Spring in 40 years....but all the more reason to rug up on the sofa together to celebrate my birthday last night. A last minute 'call in sick' from our babysitter and my birthday dinner was postponed til Friday.

But you know, last night's dinner of eggs and canned spaghetti on toast was just perfect. And why? Because my husband cooked!  Nothing warms my heart more than having someone cook you a meal...with pancakes for dessert. Now that's what I call a birthday dinner.

Before the sun went down yesterday we out on our gum boots and trudged around the soaked paddocks while the rain drizzled down.  It feels like the middle of Winter nearly two weeks out from Summer.

Wednesday means a day at home today. Cold and raining again so I have my hands around a big cup of hot chocolate while working on my essay until little P wakes up.  Everything outside is wet and dreary, though the sweet peas are cheering me a little - and my stunning pink birthday roses light up the white kitchen table.

A day to re-gain my energy and to re-focus before an exceptionally crazy day back at work tomorrow PLUS a day for cuddles with my little boy.

2 comments:

  1. Pleased you had a lovely birthday. A Friday night is a great time to celebrate. I am looking forward to T publishing his cookbook :-) Jaimie Oliver had better watch out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J! It will no doubt be a very slim cookbook :-)

    ReplyDelete