Sunday, November 10, 2013

Little beach holiday....in front of a big fire



Little P and I picked Tony up from work and we headed to Lorne to stay with his parents. Lorne is about 40 minutes south-west of Geelong on the Great Ocean Road of Victoria. Usually in November the night would be lovely enough to eat outside, ridiculously for this time in November we had the fire going and stayed inside out of the rain and wind.

Was very lovely though, I hadn't realised my birthday was coming up so quickly and part of why we were there was to celebrate (apart from Piet's grandparents wanting to give him lots of hugs and kisses xo).


Cockatoos made an appearance on the balcony - I just love when P sees something for the first time in his life.  Imagine what he's thinking of these noisy, pushy birds with yellow bits on their head!!?? They woke me up at 5am yesterday screeching and flying high over all the houses.


The weather today is still not great for us but perfect for Tony who's out sailing in the two-handed race (4 hands really, two crew).  Little P and I will go for a swim this afternoon and then try to choose a birthday present at a store where I'd like to take home everything I can get my hands on, aka Country Road. T's parents also gave me some funds to spend on myself plus water lilies for a water feature (that T may put together??) and Lizzie made just the perfect Wellington boot stand for the three of us.  Little P may receive some little boots form Santa? He has to learn to walk first..haha

This week will be busy at work PLUS a silly snap decision one month ago to try and finish my MBA means the Study Season starts tomorrow and this Thursday night I meet with my study group to begin an essay due in February....and you can put your money on it...our home printer died last night in the middle of printing out 36 pages of Tony's sailing instructions.

More importantly, the second season of Borgen starts on Wednesday night.  You must watch it...fantastic! 9.30pm on SBS.

Now it's shopping time!

No comments:

Post a Comment