Friday, December 20, 2013

It's sweltering in Victoria


OK, so yesterday we had 41 degrees and it seems I joined everyone else in Geelong by hangin' at the local mall.   But not for Christmas shopping, instead I volunteered a few hours to help wrap shopper's Christmas gifts for a gold coin donation towards Gateways Support Services www.gateways.com.au

Yesterday I was feeling pretty frustrated at work, but I can tell you that after a half hour of wrapping gifts and chatting with friendly shoppers I felt SO much better!

Must be the holidays coming up but EVERYONE wanted to chat and tell me about their Christmas plans, their family and where they were going camping.  This was super as the more they talked the less chance they were noticing how badly I was tying the ribbon or curling it with scissors.

I think I must be obsessed with my son as I told a fair few strangers about my 16 month old....but they seemed to be happy to listen to me as well.

Today, it's slightly cooler but the breeze is making outside just pleasant.  Little P and I had a breakfast tea party on the grass in our pyjamas (more water on us than we drank). Then a neighbour dropped over and I had to run at lightening speed through the house to get out of my pyjamas while they wondered what was going on.

Plus the goldfish have returned from the depths of the water pond just in time for little P to almost snatch one in his grubby hands.  (Must put a gauze cover over this weekend!)

Christmas & holidays are finally here - only one more half day of work - though have been talking with interstate clients this morning while shovelling Weet-bix into Piet's mouth so he didn't yell during the conversation.

Tomorrow, T and I are going to a special place as the first step of what may be a new idea in the making....can't say too much - but, boy, do a I need a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment