Monday, December 2, 2013

Summer nights


Ahhhh the warmth of Summer nights make me feel so light and happy, the days are long and I feel I have all the time in the world.

These poppy flower pods have opened so I need to save the seeds for next season.  My poppies are bright pink so will share my seeds with T's Mum who has a dark purple flower and her sister who has the white single petal.  This is what real gardening is about - sharing seeds and pieces of plants so that your flowers & plants have a special meaning as you walk through the garden admiring the seasonal changes.

T and I are still learning how to look after some of the things that came with the farm - such as the fruit and nut trees.  Netting them has become easier each year and tonight we covered the almond trees before dinner. The first year it took an entire weekend!....with lots of laughing at first, but then the laughter disappeared, naturally, when two people have different ideas on directions but just the one net.

2 comments:

  1. Pleased that you are having warm weather at last. Beautiful poppy pods - one of my favourite flowers along w sweet peas and others to be frank. I used to know a place near glenorie where poppies were sold on the side of the road. I used to plan a trip and enjoy the drive in the country, as it was then, to buy myself a couple of bunches...good memories, before full time work of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: will show my seed collection next time you visit

    ReplyDelete