Saturday, December 21, 2013

My boy is growing up.


My boy is growing up and I consciously have to think about what he now can do.  It never occurred to me that he could sit in a chair without falling off.  I've been sticking him in the high chair or on my lap whenever he eats.

It also didn't occur to me that he could open a pack of sultanas on his own and eat them one by one. I've been hovering around him like a new mum handing him a little sultanas when the previous was chewed & swallowed....

So I tried him on a chair and handed him a pack of sultanas.....and tadahhhhh! It was just like he'd been doing it all his life!

He must think I'm stupid.  He may think I think HE'S stupid. Maybe it's because he can't yet walk or talk I'm treating him like a 4 month old.....or maybe I just need to let go and allow him to grow up.

I have to get my mind around the fact that he's growing & learning everyday, especially at childcare where he gets to check out all the other kids and their activities.

Exciting times but I have a twinge of sadness that his days of needing to be looked after like a baby are further dwindling away.

No comments:

Post a Comment