Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oh boy...this kid!



This kid is just making my heart melt each and every time I look at him! I can't help staring and won't let him out of my sight - which means I'm NOT really getting much done on my days off. (He's sleeping at the moment)

Is this normal? I have no idea.  Actually, even though T, little P and I have been passing around a cold for the last 8 months, life is still pretty swell right now.

What things do I like the best, I hear you ask?

* Well for starters, each night I cook dinner while T gives Piet a bath - the sounds of laughter from both of them plus the splashing of water makes me feel smile from the inside out.

* I seem to have misplaced my 'procastination'...did I leave it in the hospital birthing suite? Because since I've had Piet, time has been limited, but I'm getting a helluva lot more done than I ever did.  The minute I arrive at work, I get stuck into the hardest task first and always leave the office having finished what I needed to.  Employee of the year, I say!

* Seeing Piet grow up right in front of my eyes is also pretty spectacular.  He plays with trucks now!! And dinosaurs!!...just what I'd always dreamed of (or maybe I'd dreamt of a little girl who played with trucks and dinosaurs..) but anyway..

* Dizzy slowly starting to accept that Piet is here to stay also puts my mind at ease.  Piet receives either a quick lick on the face or a nose nudge on the top of his head from Dizzy each morning, just a small acknowledgement that Dizzy's aware Piet is a person - and a potential ball thrower, dinner giver, walk taker(er).

* The work/life balance is slowly getting easier. The first few weeks I had Tony, Piet, Dizzy and myself planned minute by minute - no fun for anyone.  I've relaxed, lessened my stranglehold on what MUST happen and now go with the flow.  So what! if yesterday I arrived at Piet's childcare without his 'change of clothes' bag - at least I had his bottle of milk and home-made yoghurt.

* Having a healthy child is something for which we're so lucky.  Childcare sent out notices this week about the increase of kids allergic to eggs & nuts attending the centre. Therefore, no cake or nuts to enter - and all food to be checked at the door.  Ice-cream cake for all, I say!

* We're on the verge of starting to renovate our house...oh Lord...it's been awhile coming and the day its starts I'm going to sing the Hallelujah chorus from the roof when Tony's beloved shed is the first thing to be knocked down.

* This blog - has been behind for so long - but I made it a priority to get back up to speed now that little P is less attached to me by the hip.  Feels great to get some words out in the open (hint hint to my sister) and one day people may even read it :-)



* The warm weather is here - and we all made it through another Winter in an extremely cold house where you even put off going to the toilet to lessen the chance of frostbite.  The insects!? Well, I can give them a miss, but I guess they're just part of it.  Note: Piet's ear sticking out after being bitten by a mosquito - his entire ear almost doubled in size.

Ahhhh...Piet's awake..

Now, back to reality - today there's washing, vacuuming and a visit to the vet. But! Tonight! The babysitter arrives! And my husband and I go out for a romantic 3rd wedding anniversary dinner - just two weeks late - but still will be fun!

Sim x

No comments:

Post a Comment