Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday shines sunny



Let me take a breath...ahhhhhhhh.......to unwind from the week.

We fought another tough battle against the germs and won.  Childcare, you have so many positives...and then you let us down.

But! Here we are Saturday morning and you rise and shine sunny and warm. Thankyou! Breakfast outside, despite a runny nose and the husky squeaky voice, little P is finally eating again AND sleeping through.

T and I took turns, this week, staying home to care for him.  How things have changed.  Ten, twenty years ago, would a man's workplace have allowed him to take carer's leave for the day giving his wife the chance to keep her job up-to-date? Probably not.  We've been watching the first series of Mad Men - set in the 60's - and gosh things were so sexist, I don't think I would have handled it too well.

This weekend will be fun and sun.  A friend from Melbourne is coming to stay the night;  I've planned a super dinner and said friend has promised to reciprocate by helping me in the vege garden tomorrow morning, following by moving sheep ready for shearing (neglected to tell her that last part).  To celebrate achieving these tasks we'll sneak out to a local winery for lunch.

Oh, by the way, while Piet was sick I still managed to complete my surprise...




SURPRISE!...(previously non-descript-coloured letter-box is now red)

No comments:

Post a Comment