Sunday, October 6, 2013

Reflection


Ahhhh....it's Sunday night - after a horrendous week - and finally I can sit down to reflect. While all the events were unfolding one after the after I had a strange feeling that this was a learning experience.

On Wednesday we had crazy winds that brought the garage shed down; while cleaning the debris Piet was playing in an ants nest, (I didn't realise at the time) and was bitten all over his face and neck... the next morning he woke up with one eye almost closed and a swollen cheek - and i knew the day was going to be a little out of the ordinary.

So at 8am I called to make a doctors appointment - at 8.30am Dizzy decided to jump the damaged shed fence and wedged herself in the metal, howling.  So bleeding from head to paw I peeled her down and called the vet.

Half in pyjamas we arrived at the vet 20 minutes later; my hands covered in blood, Dizzy trailing blood behind her and Piet sporting two purple closed-up eyes.  What a sight we must have been!


Dizzy spent the night at the animal hospital,  Piet saw his own doctor and his grandparents came over so T and I managed to make it into Melbourne for the Carji Greeves Best & Fairest at the Crown Hotel.  We had a great night - however the make-up artist who did my make-up used something I reacted too - the next morning I woke up with a closed eye myself.

We stayed at the Crown Metrolple http://www.crownhotels.com.au/hotels/metropol-en.html that night (will do another post later in the week) and had a superb sleep in - the first in over a year!!! Oh how I miss them...!


This afternoon we took Piet to the pool - a beautiful way to end the weekend.  The minute he sees the water he just wants to be in it, so cute.


A roast chicken and paella for dinner, a chat to my sister on the phone, a few pieces of chocolate and I'm ready to put the week behind me and get stuck into an intense week at work and enjoying life with my two boys and 'stitched-up' puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment